Zucchini, Yellow Squash & Potato Gratin
photo by Chef 3abeer
- Ready In:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced (Courgette)
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Prepare the oven by reheating at 400 degrees. Set aside until needed.
- On the stove, medium heat, in a large skillet, melt the butter.
- Add all the vegetables to the butter, saute & stir.
- Add the salt & Pepper according to taste.
- Cook the veggies until tender while stirring slowly and carefully.
- Add the cream and cook for 5-7 minutes until it thickens.
- Once cooked, remove from the stove and place in a Pyrex or a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the mixture and the Parmesan & Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake this dish for 25 minutes to cook, then turn on the broiler for 5 minutes until it gets golden on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!