Recipe by ellie_
A zucchini recipe that is great for appetizers served with ranch dressing. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1981)
Top Review by startnover
This was a very tasty way to use zucchini...We dipped them in salad dressing. The only problem we had was keeping the coating on the zucchini, I think that was probably opporator error!
- oil (for deep frying)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 zucchini, quartered and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour oil in deep fryer or deep skillet and heat to 350-degrees F.
- While oil is heating up, mix next four ingredients (eggs - salt) in a blender and then transfer mixture to a bowl or pie plate. Pour breadcrumbs in a seperate pie plate or bowl.
- Dip zucchini in egg/cream mixture and then into crumbs.
- Add zucchini to hot oil in batches, frying until brown and crisp (3-5 minutes). Drain on paper towels.