Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is wonderful. The two of us ate the whole batch.
- 1⁄3 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oleo (for frying)
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Stir in beaten eggs until moist.
- Fold in zucchini.
- Melt oleo in skillet over medium heat.
- Use 2 Tablespoons mix for each round. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Adding 1/2 cup grated carrot makes it even more delicious.
- This is optional too, but I added grated onions and hot peppers to my mix.
The recipe I have replaces the 1/4 cup of cheddar chese with 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. I also add garlic powder. Very yummy!
This was way too soupy. It seems as if it would taste ok if the mixture wasn't so wet.
This zucchini dish is very simple to make and very tasty. I really like how the cheese and biscuit mixture makes the zucchini rounds crispy. I followed the directions exactly as written, but to cut a little of the fat I used the Bisquick low fat baking mix. The next time I make these, I might add the onions or hot peppers as suggested. However, we really liked the zucchini rounds without all the extras. Thanks for sharing your recipe.