Recipe by catpanclub2
Shape magazine recipe
Top Review by Bev
Fabulous recipe! I did end up serving this over whole wheat pasta and adding the ribboned zucchini to the tomato mixture at the end to cook only till tender. I do think this recipe would be wonderful served as intended without pasta and with a crusty loaf of bread. Spices were right on! Thanks so much for sharing, catpanclub2!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded (reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and juice; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add red wine, spices.
- Boil zucchini in salted water for 15 seconds; drain.
- Arrange ribbons on a platter, spoon sauce over and sprinkle with Parm.