Recipe by cookiedog
My Grandmother makes this for our holiday meals. From the Moosewood Cookbook 1977. Use modest amount of the herbs.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely-minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil (or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon (or less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme (or less)
- 2 cups milk, heated but not scalded
- 1 teaspoon tamari
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the zucchini until just tender. (Steam it over, not in, water).
- Saute the onion in butter, with salt, until soft(5 minutes or so).
- Puree all ingredients until smooth- in blender or food processor.
- Heat gently (don't cook it) just before serving.