My Grandmother makes this for our holiday meals. From the Moosewood Cookbook 1977. Use modest amount of the herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely-minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or less)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil (or less)
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon (or less)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme (or less)
- 2 cups milk, heated but not scalded
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1Steam the zucchini until just tender. (Steam it over, not in, water).
- 2Saute the onion in butter, with salt, until soft(5 minutes or so).
- 3Puree all ingredients until smooth- in blender or food processor.
- 4Heat gently (don't cook it) just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Puree
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 1796.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g