Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great as snack on its own or as a side. Can be served hot or cold and great for a picnic. Light sour cream can be used just as well.
- olive oil, to grease tray
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 100 g prosciutto, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 240 g sour cream
- 14.78 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely crushed
- 59.14 ml cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 59.14 ml gruyere, finely shredded
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 180°C Brush a square 19cm non-stick cake pan with oil to lightly grease it.
- Combine zucchini, prosciutto spring onions and sun driedtomatoes in a bowl. Spoon over base of prepared pan and season with pepper.
- Combine egg, sour cream, parsley garlic and cheddar cheese in a jug & pour over the zucchini mixture.
- Mix together the cheeses and sprinkle the combined gruyere and parmesan.on top of mixtue.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until just set, when set remove from the oven and set aside in pan for 5 minutes to set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Savoury and enjoyable hot and I am looking forward to trying it cold too. I used fresh tomatoes and zucchini straight out of the garden and also added a green pepper I picked. I mixed all ingredients together as suggested by previous reviewer.Thankyou Tis.
The flavour of this slice is 10 star!!! I made it exactly as written, and tried it hot out of the oven, and it was delicious. I waited to review as I wanted to try it cold. It was worth the wait...as good as it was while it was hot? It was BRILLIANT cold! I have packed a slice in everyone's lunchbox for tomorrow. I will make this again and again, but my only change would be to mix all the ingredients together, as I found it was hard to eat as finger food with the zucchini layer on the bottom. [Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap]