Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This can be used for a summertime side dish, but also a great looking pancake to add to your brunch menu. It's very easy to make & they come out very moist! I tried it and enjoyed the lightness in this dish and it is a welcome dish to have on those hot summer days!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups of fresh raw zucchini
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- sour cream (optional)
- In a small bowl; combine the flour, parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Combine the zucchini, egg, onion, & mayonnaise.
- Stir into dry ingredients until well blended.
- In a large skillet, melt butter.
- Drop zucchini mixture by cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten.
- Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with these toppings of your choice:.
- Your favorite spaghetti sauce & parmesan cheese or the sour cream.
These are surprisingly tasty, perhaps because of the parmesan. Would definately make them again. I actually served them with a bit of salsa and sour cream. Well done Poker.