Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Veggies for brekkist :P
Top Review by Rainbow - Chef 536866
This may look complicated but it's actually pretty easy! I love the combination of cornmeal, oatmeal and I use white whole wheat flour and don't need the all purpose flour then. I add an egg to mine. I use soymilk.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal, preferably stone ground
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg or 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain soymilk, plus
- 1 tablespoon plain soymilk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together in a large bowl the first 10 ingredients (up to nutmeg).
- Whisk together in another bowl the next 5 ingredients (soy milk to flax seeds).
- Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently whisk them together, mixing just until combined. Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto a heated (medium heat or 350 F), greased griddle for each pancake, nudging the batter into rounds. Cook until the top of each pancake is speckled with bubbles and some bubbles have popped, then turn and cook until the underside is lightly browned. Serve immediately or keep warm in a 200 F oven while you finish cooking the rest. Serve with pure maple syrup or honey.