Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
These zucchini pancakes have a little Parmesan cheese in them for flavor. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens July 2007. Great variation for all the zucchini my one plant has bestowed upon us!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim and coarsely shred zucchini (about 5 cups). In a bowl toss zucchini with salt. Place in colander. Place plate on top; weight with cans. Drain 15 minutes, discard liquid.
- 2In a bowl, beat eggs and garlic. Stir in flour, cheese, onion, and pepper just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir in zucchini just until combined.
- 3For each pancake, spoon heaping 1 tablespoon of batter on to hot lightly oiled griddle or skillet; spread to a 3-inch circle. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until pancake is golden brown. Keep pancakes warm while cooking remaining pancakes.
- 4Serve topped with sour cream. Or cool, layer in freezer container with waxed paper, and freeze up to 3 months.
- 5To reheat, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place frozen pancakes in single layer on greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until hot and slightly crisp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.6
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 190.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.1 g