Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These zucchini pancakes have a little Parmesan cheese in them for flavor. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens July 2007. Great variation for all the zucchini my one plant has bestowed upon us!
- Trim and coarsely shred zucchini (about 5 cups). In a bowl toss zucchini with salt. Place in colander. Place plate on top; weight with cans. Drain 15 minutes, discard liquid.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and garlic. Stir in flour, cheese, onion, and pepper just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir in zucchini just until combined.
- For each pancake, spoon heaping 1 tablespoon of batter on to hot lightly oiled griddle or skillet; spread to a 3-inch circle. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until pancake is golden brown. Keep pancakes warm while cooking remaining pancakes.
- Serve topped with sour cream. Or cool, layer in freezer container with waxed paper, and freeze up to 3 months.
- To reheat, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place frozen pancakes in single layer on greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until hot and slightly crisp.