Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a cookbook called America's Best Recipes 1992.
Make and share this Zucchini Molasses Raisin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add oil and beat until blended.
- Add the zucchini, molasses and vanilla, strirring well.
- Combine flour and the next 7 ingredients until blended.
- Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add raisins and stir well.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350* for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 10 and then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes 2 loaves.
Hey there Bullwinkle,I made this bread yesterday from fresh zucchini right out of our garden,the first ones we got.WOW this is really good bread,Very moist and EASY to make.I made 6 small loaves instead of the big ones as it is just me and my husband,and I froze the extra loaves to have later.Thanks for this great recipe.Darlene