Recipe by bullwinkle
From a cookbook called America's Best Recipes 1992.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Hey there Bullwinkle,I made this bread yesterday from fresh zucchini right out of our garden,the first ones we got.WOW this is really good bread,Very moist and EASY to make.I made 6 small loaves instead of the big ones as it is just me and my husband,and I froze the extra loaves to have later.Thanks for this great recipe.Darlene
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add oil and beat until blended.
- Add the zucchini, molasses and vanilla, strirring well.
- Combine flour and the next 7 ingredients until blended.
- Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add raisins and stir well.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loafpans.
- Bake at 350* for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 10 and then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Makes 2 loaves.