Recipe by kvlong
This recipe is from Governor William J. Janklow of South Dakota
Top Review by ElaineAnn
My sister LOVED this recipe! She passed away last September. She made this every week last summer after I shared your recipe and once her zucchini was ready to harvest. She had a distribution list of friends, neighbors, and family who waited eagerly for baking day. I'm sorry for the late review, but I had forgotten about it until her S/I/L asked for the recipe, because she lived next door to my sis and was lucky enough to get a loaf every week. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It truly is a keeper.
- 2 cups oil
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups zucchini (grated with no peels)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 lemons
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 2 whole lemons (cut off ends and take seeds out but leave skin on) in food processor. Add enough Zucchini to make 4 cups.
- Beat in eggs, oil, vanilla and lemon extract. Mix well. Add dry ingredients.
- Grease and flour 5 big loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees. When loaves are cool, drizzle with glaze.
- Glaze:Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with enough lemon juice to dissolve sugar. Then add about 1 teaspoon of melted butter. Drizzle over cooled loaves.