Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make and share this Zucchini Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 226.79 g ground turkey
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 9.85 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 946.36 ml zucchini, sliced to 1/4 inch thick (and roasted)
- 236.59 ml small curd cottage cheese
- 236.59 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 325. Coat an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, brown turkey; stir in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and garlic powder.
- Arrange half of the roasted zucchini slices in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer half of the meat sauce, half of the cottage cheese, and half of the cottage cheese over the zucchini.
- Repeat layers, ending with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- (note: you can make this ahead of time and refrigerate until dinner; just lengthen the cooking time by 15 minutes).
This was very good and my husband did not complain that there was not enough meat. I used a mandoline to cut a large zucchini length wise. I would turn the zucchini to the next side when I got close to the center seedy part. A little olive oil was used on the slices before roasting them. I roasted the zucchini about 10 - 15 minutes, turning the slices half way through. I will definitely make this again. I'm also going to email this recipe to my sister, as I know she will like it. Made for New Kids On The Block tag game 2010. 5 Stars
I made this recipe with lean ground beef. The taste is amazing. DH doesn't really like dishes with cottage cheese but he liked this one. Thanks Chef Lulu :) Made for PAC Fall 2012