Recipe by shelbyrose
This serves as a great side dish alongside your favorite Italian sausage recipe, which is usually how I serve it; however it would certainly fit the bill as a vegetarian maindish.
- 2 -3 zucchini, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- additional grated parmesan cheese (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking:.
- Saute the zucchini in butter, garlic and wine until crisp tender.
- (I tend to lean toward the'tender', but that's only preference).
- Add the sour cream, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until blended and heated through.
- Add the parmesan cheese and continue stirring until blended.
- Drain the cooked pasta and gently toss together with the zucchini mixture.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired.