If you love crab cakes and live in an area where fresh crabmeat is not available, these are a great substitution! They really do taste like crabcakes! Make sure to handle the mixture gently when forming into patties.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, egg, butter or margarine.
- Stir in seasoned bread crumbs, minced onion and seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties (see Note).
- Dredge in flour.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
- Note: For easier handeling and forming into patties, flour your hands and then lightly roll mixture into a ball and pat gently into patties.