Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
ZUCCHINI COBBLER TASTES LIKE APPLE PIE
Make and share this Zucchini Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups zucchini
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 box yellow cake mix (Jiffy) or 1 box white cake mix (Jiffy)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- PEEL AND CUT ZUCCHINI LENGTHWISE, STRIP OUT SEEDS, CUT IN 1/2" SLICES, COOK IN BOILING WATER UNTIL TENDER.
- DRAIN, COOL IN COLD WATER FOR 5 MINUTES.
- DRAIN, ADD SUGAR, FLOUR, SALT, CINNAMON, CREAM OF TARTER AND LEMON JUICE.
- STIR WELL.
- ADD PINEAPPLE AND JUICE.
- MIX WELL.
- DO NOT BEAT.
- POUR INTO A GREASED BAKING DISH (13X9" pan).
- SPREAD DRY CAKE MIX OVER TOP.
- DRIZZLE BUTTER OVER CAKE MIX.
- SPRINKLE NUTS ON TOP.
- BAKE AT 350F degrees FOR 60 MINUTES.
This Zucchini cobbler recipe was soooo good! It even fooled the kids, they thought it was apple cobbler.I substituted the butter with a low fat butter because my husband and I are watching our weight. I thought maybe the substitute would ruin the recipe, but we could not tell.This was our first recipe from this site and we are excited to have found it. Thanks!
I had a lot of zucchini given to me and needed something new to try. I took this to a ladies luncheon at church but did not tell anyone what it was. They all thought it was apple crisp. I even had my sons try it without telling them, they said they were tricked, but liked it anyway. I did tell the ladies after, everyone wanted the recipe It was great!!!!!!
My significant other made this and I cannot believe how absolutely delicious it is! It tastes like the apple crisp they served in the school cafeteria when I was in school. I will definitely recommend this to anyone who is stumped on what to do with all the zucchini they harvest.