Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Awesome cake of Mexican Origin. Very moist because it's chock full of zucchini, and it has the most delicious glaze on top. Hope you enjoy!
For the Cake
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 177.44 ml butter
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml milk
- 709.77 ml grated zucchini
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
For the Glaze
- 295.73 ml confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- To make the cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and milk to the butter mixture.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in zucchini, orange zest and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the glaze:.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Invert cake onto serving dish, then drizzle glaze over.
This cake made my kitchen (and my car, lol) smell soooo good! I was a little on the fence about the whole chocolate and zucchini thing, but this cake totally eliminated that doubt! I made this in a regular Bundt pan, and it took the full hour to bake. My poor naked zested orange looked so sad sitting on the countertop, so I juiced it and used the fresh squeezed juice in the glaze. I didn't have any walnuts in the house, so I replaced them with chopped pecans. After letting the cake cool in the pan for ~15 minutes, I flipped it onto a cake platter, poked holes all over it with a skewer, and poured the glaze over the still-warm cake so it would soak in instead of drip off. I brought this to work with me to share (hence the heavenly smell in my car), and I think I converted a couple people to zucchini cake lovers with this. Who would've thought that cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and orange would all play so nicely with zucchini?! Thanks for posting this gem! Made for The Honeys for ZWT8
Sorry, but I didn't like this cake very much. It needed a much richer chocolate flavor and more orange flavor too.
Fantastic Cake I added some chocolate chips to it and used Splenda instead of sugar
Made for ZWT% for Cooks with Dirty faces, Made this again and this time used the bundt pan. Awsome moist cake.