Recipe by ~Leslie~
Awesome cake of Mexican Origin. Very moist because it's chock full of zucchini, and it has the most delicious glaze on top. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by HokiesMom
With a light, moist texture, orange glaze and kaboom you have a winning recipe! I used a dark cocoa in the batter and did not change anything else. I know a lot of the reviewers felt it needed amped up with orange but I liked the subtle flavor found in the glaze and cake. Just blended so well with our taste buds. Found and made for ZWT8.
For the Cake
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 177.44 ml butter
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml milk
- 709.77 ml grated zucchini
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
For the Glaze
- 295.73 ml confectioners' sugar
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla and milk to the butter mixture.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in zucchini, orange zest and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the glaze:.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Invert cake onto serving dish, then drizzle glaze over.