Orange Zucchini Cake
I got this recipe from one of the ladies I used to work with long ago (sorry, can't remember who). I like the idea of using All-Bran in the recipe, to make the cake somewhat healthier. Of course, I undo all the "healthy goodness", when I ice this cake with cream cheese frosting!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (I like pecans)
- Preheat oven @ 325*. Grease and flour a 11" x 7" pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil and eggs until well mixed. Stir in the All-Bran, orange peel and vanilla. Add the flour mixture, zucchini and nuts, mixing well. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake @ 325* for 20-25 minutes (check for doneness with toothpick).
- Cool completely and frost with you favorite cream cheese frosting! (I like to add 1/2-1 teaspoon grated orange peel to my cream cheese frosting for this cake).