Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
OK..low-fat it's not, but what a nice way to eat your veggies!
- 6 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 8 ounces prepared stuffing, dry
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Steam veggies 5 minutes until tender.
- Set aside.
- Combine stuffing and butter.
- Reserve 2/3 cup of stuffing.
- Put most of the stuffing mix in bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix vegetables, soup and sour cream; put over stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle the rest of stuffing mix on top.
- Bake 30 minutes uncovered at 350°F.
I shred the carrots and zucchini and used cream of chicken soup. This is good.
Since there are only two of us, I cut the recipe in half and froze the 1/2 can of soup to use next time. I added shredded cheddar cheese to the top when baking. This deserves more than five stars for ease of preparation and taste. Excellent!!!!!
I have used this recipe for more than 30 years. I shred the carrots and use cream of chicken soup for the best possible mouth watering flavours. My family's favorite vegetable dish! It is also easily adjusted for more servings by simply increasing the squash and carrots by a freckle and using two packages of stuffing mix.