Recipe by Smilynn
I literally threw this together while cleaning out the frig. I was pleased with the results. The ingredients are approximate since I didn't stop to measure during my cleaning/cooking frenzy! After placing in oven I was worried the evoo may be too much with the cheese but it was not greasy. Servings and portions really depend on the size of the zucchini. My zucchini I guess was about 4 cups. I used 1/2 cup mex blend cheese that Zaar doesn't recognize as an ingredient.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Loved it! DH commented that he liked it a lot too and that he wouldn't mind having this again. I don't have your exact sesoning here in the Netherlands, so used Italian dried herbs mixed with my plain breadcrumbs, and 3 cloves of garlic (minced) in the main dish with more herbs. The cheeses were a mixture of Oud Kaas and Parmegano becuase sadly you won't find a Mexican cheese in a Dutch cheese shop LOL. The combination worked well. Please see my rating system: a lovely 4 stars for a simple but tasty recipe. Thanks!
- 1 large zucchini, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded 3-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded