Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisp and refreshing, this tangy raw zucchini dish can be used as a side veggie or as a salad. It was originally made with baby zucchinis (courgettes) but they are kind of pricey when in season so I use young zucchinis with the same good results.
- 4 young zucchini (about 6" each)
- 1⁄4 small head finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped spearmint, leaves
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Split the zucchinis lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/8" slices. Place in bowl.
- Add lettuce and chopped mint. Combine well.
- Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper well. Pour over veggies. Mix.
- Can be eaten right away or chilled about 1/2 hour.
Great recipe--I modified it slightly by using romaine lettuce and sauteeing the zucchini in 1/2 the oil for 3 minutes, then adding them to the lettuce. The heat wilts the romaine a little-delicious!
Yum... We really enjoyed this light and refreshing salad. I added a clove of garlic. Thanks for sharing.
Nice!! I added fresh garlic and a little fine sugar. I love mint, and here it gives that extra small dimension. I used virgin olive oil. Although I didn't really tweak the recipe apart from the bit of sugar and the garlic, I kept the zucchini as long, thin strips -- pretty on the lettuce.