Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A friend gave me this recipe over 10 years and it's still a favorite. The original recipe calls for 2-3 cups of zucchini and 2-3 tsp of vanilla. I like both ingredients so I use 3 of each. I usually only add chopped walnuts or sprinkle raw sunflower seeds on the top of the bread, haven't tried the coconut, dates or raisins. It will be interesting to hear what combination you use. I also add 1/4 cup of honey (heat if solid). I sometimes use mini loaf pans (4 loaves/pan). I bake the mini loaves at 355 degrees for 43 minutes. Enjoy!
- Beat eggs until light and foamy.
- Add oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- Mix slightly, but well.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix until blended.
- Add nuts, coconut and dates.
- Blend well.
- Grease two loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan. Cool on rack. Don't overbake - it drys out.
Excellent recipe - I used almost a cup of walnuts and a half cup of coconut - it worked out really well! Brings me back to when my Mom used to make this! Thanks for the recipe! Made for PAC Spring '09.