Toby Jermain's Note:
I don't know where I got this recipe, but it has been a quick and tasty dinner dish for years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef or 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, removed from casing
- 1 -2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped peeled and seeded tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, lightly crushed
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce or 1 dash other hot pepper sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 4 oz) (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Saute the onions, garlic, and green pepper in hot olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- 2Crumble and stir in ground beef.
- 3Cook until beef is browned, then drain.
- 4Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Turn into 1 quart casserole, and sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini-Beef Italian
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 25.3 g