Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Perfect summertime side dish using freshly grown produce!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick (about 7 oz. each)
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick (about 7 oz. each)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash, shallots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and squash are crips tender, 4-6 minutes.
- Add cream and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in 1/2 panko crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Spoon mixture into a shallow 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining panko crumbs and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until top is golden, 8-10 minutes.