1/2 Photos of Zucchini and Basil Soup
A great way to use an abundance of Zucchini. This is so easy, so creamy and so very, very nice. This soup can be frozen or kept for 2 days in the fridge. If you don't have fresh Basil, a basil pesto can be used. Also vegetable stock can be used instead of chicken stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry onion gently until transparent, taking care not to brown it. This should take about 5 minutes.
- 2Add vegetables, stock and water, and simmer for 10 minutes (taking care not to simmer any longer than this to avoid the soup becoming bitter).
- 3Add cheese,cream and basil and simmer a further 2 minutes. (At this stage you can blend the soup for smooth and creamy finish, but this is not necessary).
- 4Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- 5Serve with a thick crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.3 mg
- Sodium 290.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 10.2 g