Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups bottled spicy pasta sauce (Newman's Own)
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°; combine first 3 ingredients in food processor; process until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high heat; add in zucchini and onion; stir/saute 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in sauce; remove from heat; season to taste with salt/pepper.
- Spread ¼ cup zucchini mixture in bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 noodles over zucchini mixture; top with 1/3 cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 zucchini mixture, and 1/3 mozzarella.
- Repeat layers w/ remaining noodles, cottage cheese mixture, zucchini mixture and mozzarella.
- Cover; bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes until lasagna is thoroughly heated.
This is very good. The cottage cheese and basil filling is really nice - I think it would be good stirred into pasta as a creamy alfredo-like sauce, too. The baking time is right on, but the prep was a bit longer for me. Thank you for posting!