Pumpkin and Basil Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 (21 ounce) pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces fresh lasagna sheets
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Cut the pumpkin into thin slices and arrange on the cookie sheet in a single layer. Brush slices with oil and cook for 1 hour, or until softened, turning halfway through cooking.
- In a bowl, add ricotta, pine nuts, basil, garlic, and Parmesan. Mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Cook the lasagne sheets according to the package directions.
- Brush a square 8 inch ovenproof dish with oil. Arrange one third of the pasta sheets over the base of the dish and spread with the ricotta mixture. Top with half of the remaining lasagne sheets.
- Arrange the pumpkin evenly over the pasta with as few gaps as possible. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Top with the final layer of pasta sheets. Sprinkle mozzerella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
30 THINGS ABOUT ME: 1. I taught myself how to cook out of self-defense. (Mom hated cooking, and her "specialty" was "Liver and Onions") 2. I love to cook. 3. I think eating's pretty fun, too. 4. I enjoy many different cuisines. 5. Organ meat isn't one of them. 7. I was born in New Jersey. 8. I'm Italian. 9. The only Italian words I know are bad ones. 10. I'm married to a wonderful man who loves trying new recipes. 12. I have 5 beautiful children...and the pictures to prove it. ;) 13. I hate doing laundry. 14. I do it anyway because I hate dirty clothes even more. 15. I used to work in Marketing. 16. My favorite color is purple. 17. I like the black jelly beans best. 18. I have a weakness for dark chocolate. 19. I love penguins. 20. My favorite pets are cats. 21. We have a pet turtle. 22. I can drive a stick (manual transmission). 23. I can juggle (nothing sharp or on fire). 24. I love gardening. 25. I hate garden-eating bugs. 26. My hobby is black and white photography. 27. I enjoy public speaking. 28. I like creating fun, innovative cakes. 29. I once made a soundboard cake for a DJ's wedding. It even lit up. 30. I live in Texas, but I don't say, "y'all." 31. I've always wanted to visit New Zealand. 32. I read a lot. 33. I use vegan-certified skin care products. 34. I'm not religious, but I have a personal relationship with Jesus. 35. Okay, so I have more than thirty things...never was much good with numbers! <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/296809/BannerforAMpages1a.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/babyred-1.jpg"> <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG" width=80%> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <img src="http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/kzbhansen/Banners/Animation3.gif"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%204/ZWTAB-tg.gif"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/584814/CAFE_ZMAKK3.jpg" width=90%> <img src="http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg">Oh bother!Take this <a target="quizilla" style="color:rgb(128,0,128)" href="http://quizilla.com/redirect.php?statsid=17&url=http://www.quizilla.com/users/h0t5auce/quizzes/Which+Food+Network+chef+are+you%3F">quiz</a>! <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://c9.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1933571&c=5801026" alt="Hit Counters"></a> <a href="http://www.4travelcoupons.com/budget-coupons.html">Budget</a> <a href="http://www.4travelcoupons.com/car-rentals.html">Car Rentals</a>