Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a dish that I have made often. It makes great sandwiches!
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs raw round steaks, cubed
- Combine all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Turn to low and simmer for 45 minutes until thickened.
- Pour over cubed round steak and cover and bake for 2 hours at 325°F.
I made this for BBQ sandwiches. I toasted the buns, and used sliced cheese melted under the boiler. My husband really like these while I found the taste way too bland. I added lots of salt and pepper, but still thought the sauce should be spicier or sweeter. The meat was very tender, and I liked the chunky texture. The 4* is the average between my rating and my husbands.