1/2 Photos of Zippy Stir-Fried Baby Bok Choy
Easy to make, this side dish adds a colorful green vegetable to a meal and is a bit spicy and tangy. My DH loves it. If you choose to substitute fresh garlic and/or gingerroot, cook them in the hot oil before adding the cabbage. This side dish goes well with most Asian-spiced meats and poulty. Fried garlic (in jars) can be found at most Asian grocers, and imparts a bit of a roasted flavor to this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon fried garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or two if you prefer sweeter)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons corn or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 cups shredded baby bok choy
- 1Mix well first seven seasoning ingredients in small glass dish; set aside.
- 2Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high setting; add cabbage and stir fry until done but not soggy (a little crisp).
- 3Reduce heat to low, stir in seasoning mix well, and cover; allow flavors to meld for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Optional: add sesame seeds or cashews before serving.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zippy Stir-Fried Baby Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar