Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
A delicious drink for all ages. Preparation time does not include chill time.
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 stalks lemongrass, stems bashed
- 2 oranges, rind of, grated
- 6 oranges, juice of (150ml)
- soda water (optional) or lemonade (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar and lemongrass in a pan with 600ml water.
- Bring gently to the boil over a medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves, then simmer uncovered for five minutes until syrupy.
- Allow to cool.
- Discard lemongrass and pour syrup into a jug.
- Stir in orange rind and juices and chill.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses and top up with soda or lemonade for a little fizz.