Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very simple recipe that tastes much more extravagant than its humble ingredients.
- 453.59 g johnsonville Little Smokies sausage
- 59.14 ml yellow mustard
- 118.29 ml grape jelly
- In a sauce pan place all the ingredients.
- Warm it on low simmer until the grape jelly and mustard combine to form a yummy sauce. (Approximately 20 minutes).
- People will not believe that the sauce is only grape jelly and mustard. You can make up something that sounds more expensive if you wish.
- Works nicely in a crock pot as well.
We always made Bourbon "hot dogs" (yes, I'm from Kentucky!), but used either hot dogs cut into quarters or little smokies. Just ketsup, brown sugar and bourbon. Simmer until thickened. Yum!
The first batch was good, but the second I let it simmer for the whole 20 minutes, and they came out delicious.