Recipe by Paja
This recipe, served with peaches, is a little bit different. It is one of my husband's favourites. You can add red pepper flakes to taste, according to how spicy you like your food.
Top Review by Notherjack
Excellent! Very tasty dish that was fairly simple to prepare. I added the peaches to the wok and it was a nice added flavor. Big hit at a company dinner. Try this with Chinese pancakes like Bergy's #11026 and the kids will enjoy them too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 2 tablespoons reserved peach juice
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice beef into thin strips (this is easiest if the beef is partly frozen).
- Sprinkle the beef with the sugar and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, except for the peaches and add to beef.
- Mix well.
- Heat a wok or fry pan and add a small amount of oil, unless using a no-stick pan, in which case you can fry without oil.
- Make sure your pan (and oil, if using) are very hot.
- Stir fry in small batches so that it browns and the meat retains the juices.
- Serve the peaches cold alongside or add them briefly at the end to heat them up.