Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe, served with peaches, is a little bit different. It is one of my husband's favourites. You can add red pepper flakes to taste, according to how spicy you like your food.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 2 tablespoons reserved peach juice
- 1 (14 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained
- Slice beef into thin strips (this is easiest if the beef is partly frozen).
- Sprinkle the beef with the sugar and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, except for the peaches and add to beef.
- Mix well.
- Heat a wok or fry pan and add a small amount of oil, unless using a no-stick pan, in which case you can fry without oil.
- Make sure your pan (and oil, if using) are very hot.
- Stir fry in small batches so that it browns and the meat retains the juices.
- Serve the peaches cold alongside or add them briefly at the end to heat them up.
Excellent! Very tasty dish that was fairly simple to prepare. I added the peaches to the wok and it was a nice added flavor. Big hit at a company dinner. Try this with Chinese pancakes like Bergy's #11026 and the kids will enjoy them too.