Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a family tradition at holiday parties, but they are also a great addition to your feast during the big game. These can be made ahead of time and frozen. Serve them fresh or when your ready for them, just heat them up in the oven.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium skillet, brown ground beef and sausage together. Drain off any grease
- Melt velveta cheese in mixing bowl in microwave.
- Add browned ground beef, sausage, worcestershire sauce and oregano to melted cheese and mix well.
- On a cookie sheet or baking stone, arrange pieces of bread.
- Scoop mixture (about 1 tablespoon) onto each piece of bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes. If frozen, bake for 20 minutes.
My stepmother has been making this appetizer recipe for years. It is ALWAYS a big hit! The only difference is she uses dark rye cocktail bread. Such simple ingredients, but such big flavor. If you are having a "finger food" party (such as Super Bowl) with more than 6 guests, I would suggest doubling the recipe. These will be the first to go!