Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is out of a "Slow Cooker" recipe book that you see when you are standing in line at the check out lane at the grocery store. I double the sauce.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup quartered dried apricot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granted orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, fat-trimmed
- In small bowl, mix cranberry sauce, apricots, orange zest and juice, shallot, vinegar, mustard, salt and ginger, then add to slow cooker. Add pork, and spoon some of the cranberry sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or until pork is tender.
- Spoon off fat from top of cranberry mixture in slow cooker, then place pork on a cutting board. Slice into thick slices and serve topped with sauce.
*Excellent recipe* The combination of ingredients makes a great, full flavor sauce :) Thanks for posting *Made for Spring 2010 PAC*