Recipe by MarilynInNC
This is a recipe I found that I want to try so I am posting for safe keeping. This recipe is from Ball Canning.
- 6 cups finely chopped pitted peeled peaches (about 3 lb or 9 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped seeded red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic (about 14 cloves)
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens to the consistency of a thin commercial barbeque sauce, about 25 minutes.
- LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.