Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Flavorful Seasons Cookbook from the American Diabetes Association. Only 88 calories and is good as well, just to clarify that is 88 calories per serving! Update: 12/21/2007 - Chef Tweaker suggests that the amount of cauliflower called for is incorrect. She used 4 cups of the cauliflower instead of 1 and still had enough sauce. Have checked the cookbook and it says 1 cup so I think it may be a typo! Good luck, Diane
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh corn, cooked
- Cook the cauliflower florets by steaming them over boiling water for 5 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add the cauliflower and corn.
- Toss well and serve.
1 cup of cauliflower? It doesn't seem like that could make 4 servings. I made 4 cups of C.Flower and made 1 recipe of sauce and it was just enough. I think the sauce would have drowned it with less. I had to make substitutions to make it lactose free and forgot to add the mayo. According to my calculations it was still about 87 cals for 1 out of 4 servings. My DH liked it even though he was sceptical at first. Thanks, Tweaker