Recipe by FENathan
Part of my homestyle chicken dinner. With the sweet and tangy lemon, paired with the zesty black pepper, it is healthy as well as full of flavour! This chicken dish is also juicy, which makes it good over some wild rice, paired with my almond green beans!
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves or 4 chicken pieces
- 3 lemons
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, zest the lemon peel off the lemons. Then cut them in half and juice the lemons. (juice and zest in bowl; reserve lemon rinds).
- Mince onion and add it to the bowl with olive oil, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Reserve 3 tbsp of this marinade.
- Use hands or tongs to turn chicken over and coat it with the marinade.
- Marinate for 12 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Put chicken skin side up on a shallow, medium-sized roasting pan.
- Place reserved lemon rinds into pan.
- Put chicken in oven and reduce heat to 375 degrees. Bake for 25 minutes, brushing with the reserved marinade, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Discard lemon rinds. Serve with remaining marinade. Good served with my almond green beans and.