This chicken has fantastic flavour - succulent and juicy with just the right 'bite'. Marinating time is not included. DO try this on the bbq when you fire up!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs chicken, halved or quartered (depending on how many servings you want to get)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, shallots, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, lemon zest, pepper and oil.
- Add chicken, turning it to coat with marinade, and let it marinate, skin side up, covered and chilled, for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put rack in middle position of oven.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Season lightly with salt.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes. Halfway through, sprinkle on pepper and lemon zest.
- This is also great grilled on the bbq.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was really really delicious. We used 3 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts and halved the marinade, which was just the right amount. I also marinated it in a storage bag to make the clean up easier. I cooked the chicken for 35 minutes and it was perfectly done. It did make the oven smoke quite a bit because of the fat from the skin dripping on the roasting pan, but it was well worth it. I wouldn't say that the flavor was overwhelmingly lemon peppery, but it was very tender and really tasty. The skin probably had the most flavor and was nice and crispy due to the higher cooking temperature. We will definitely be making this again. It's nice to have an indoor chicken cooking recipe for the winter time. Thanks!