Recipe by Doris Barrick
This came from the BHG website. Quick, easy and great tasting.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks Doris! This was an easy and fun addition to my Italian appetizer theme. The house smelled great and I used the dried herb (oregano) and sprinkled some fresh rosemary as well. The fresh garlic and olive oil complemented the feta cheese which was slightly gooey but still in its little crumbles. It looked great too. It got eaten up quickly. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 12 inches Italian bread (Boboli)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1⁄3 cup blue cheese or 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon oregano or 1 tablespoon basil or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed of any of the above spices
- fresh rosemary (optional) or oregano sprigs (optional) or basil sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bread shell on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Mix together oil, garlic and pepper.
- Brush over bread shell.
- Sprinkle with tomato, cheese and snipped fresh or crushed dried herb.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or till warm and cheese softens "slightly".
- Cut bread into 12 wedges.
- If desired garnish with fresh herb sprigs.
- Serve hot.