Goat Cheese and Tart Apple on French Bread Appetizer
Very simple appetizer with a gormet feel. The tart apples and the goat cheese go together very well. Your guests will come back for seconds! I got this recipe from my "France Monthly" newsletter.
- Ready In:
- 1 baguette
- 24 ounces goat cheese (more or less to taste)
- 3 tart apples
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- herbes de provence
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle the cream onto both halves of the bread.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apple.
- Spread the apple slices on the bread.
- Spread the goat cheese over the apple slices. (Depending on the age of the goat cheese, you may have better luck putting the cheese on in slices.).
- Sprinkle with pepper and Herbes de Provence.
- Bake in 350 oven for about 10 minutes, then broil until cheese browns slightly.
- Cut each half into about 12 pieces. (These can be assembled individually on precut bread slices if you prefer.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more