Recipe by mrskaradas
So tasty, reminds me of gumbo. The enchilada sauce adds a velvety texture and just the right combination of spices.
- 28 ounces red enchilada sauce (made with chiles not tomato)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 4 1⁄2 ounces green chilies
- 15 ounces field peas, & snaps (GLORY SOUTHERN STYLE)
- 19 ounces black bean with bacon soup (PROGRESSO)
- 15 7⁄8 ounces great northern beans (White Beans)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies (DELMONTE)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces pinto beans
- 14 1⁄2 ounces cut green beans
- 1 lb turkey meatballs (precooked)
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (precooked) or 1 lb low-fat sausage (precooked)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- onion powder (to taste)
- 28 ounces water
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty entire contents of all canned goods into a large soup pot with a lid, use the 28 oz. can filled with water once to clean out rest of cans into pot. Bring to a boil, add the turkey meat balls and shrimp, simmer for 30 minutes. Add Garlic Powder and Onion Powder to taste.
- Soup will become spicier the longer it sits in the fridge. After 1 day in fridge it has a good heat. 2nd day even better. Freezing will stop spicyness.