Recipe was printed on one of those recipe cards from the grocery store. I really liked the flavors of this dish and used it as a main dish by adding some grilled chicken too. I used an indoor grill pan but of course this would work on an outdoor grill too. **Note 4-8 hours of marinading of veggies is needed to really get the flavors** Hope you enjoy it too!
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 118.29 ml light balsamic vinaigrette
- 396.89 g package penne, pasta (tubular, use multi-grain or whole-wheat)
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- Place zucchini, onion, red bell pepper and vinaigrette in a large resealable bag. Seal bag and refrigerate 4-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Boil 4 quarts of water and cook Penne pasta to al dente, about 8-10 minutes (according to package directions).
- Preheat grill to medium (300-350F/150-180C). Remove veggies from marinade and reserve marinade. Place veggies on a veggie grill rack and grill covered for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Drain pasta, transfer to a deep serving platter/dish. Spoon veggies over pasta and drizzle with reserved marinade. (I heated the marinade for a bit in the microwave to warm before drizzling over the pasta & veggies).
- Season dish with salt & pepper to taste (I used McCormick's Garlic Pepper Grinder instead) and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed the roasted veggies in the pasta salad. I used whole wheat penne rigata and ate it then later added a little mayo to moisten it up some more. Enjoyed both ways! Thanks! Made for Newest Zaar tag.