1/1 Photo of Zesty Grilled Zucchini Pasta Salad
4 hrs 20 mins
Recipe was printed on one of those recipe cards from the grocery store. I really liked the flavors of this dish and used it as a main dish by adding some grilled chicken too. I used an indoor grill pan but of course this would work on an outdoor grill too. **Note 4-8 hours of marinading of veggies is needed to really get the flavors** Hope you enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into quarters
- 118.29 ml light balsamic vinaigrette
- 396.89 g package penne, pasta (tubular, use multi-grain or whole-wheat)
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Place zucchini, onion, red bell pepper and vinaigrette in a large resealable bag. Seal bag and refrigerate 4-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2Boil 4 quarts of water and cook Penne pasta to al dente, about 8-10 minutes (according to package directions).
- 3Preheat grill to medium (300-350F/150-180C). Remove veggies from marinade and reserve marinade. Place veggies on a veggie grill rack and grill covered for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from grill and cut into bite-size pieces.
- 4Drain pasta, transfer to a deep serving platter/dish. Spoon veggies over pasta and drizzle with reserved marinade. (I heated the marinade for a bit in the microwave to warm before drizzling over the pasta & veggies).
- 5Season dish with salt & pepper to taste (I used McCormick's Garlic Pepper Grinder instead) and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zesty Grilled Zucchini Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.3
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 403.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: