Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Found on a Del Monte Newspaper recipe cut out.
Make and share this Zesty Corn Quesadillas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) canwhole kernel golden sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese (8oz)
- 1⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 plain flour tortillas or 4 flavored flour tortillas (7- to 8-inch)
- chunky salsa (optional)
- hot pepper (optional)
- Spray an unheated 10-inch skillet or griddle with nonstick spray coating.
- Stir in corn, cheese, 1/4 cup salsa and cilantro, if desired.
- Spread over half of eac tortilla.
- Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently.
- Cook in skillet or on griddle over medium heat 1 minute per side or until lightly browned.
- Serve with additional salsa and hot peppers, if desired.
We had these for dinner tonight and we all loved them! I used frozen corn instead of canned and added a little sour cream, and I chopped up a few jalapenos and threw them in. Delicious! Thanks
Very good -- added a little shredded chicken and made in a quesadilla maker instead of a griddle. Loved the corn flavor added to it!!
I think this recipe is a good jumping off point, but for my taste, it needs more flavor. Next time, I would add more salsa and maybe some chili powder and cumin. It was very cheesy and I definitely liked that. Thanks, for giving me something new to try.