Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is not for every kid, but most adults. You can add more or less cayenne pepper as to your taste.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup melted unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons white prepared horseradish, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, cheese, and thyme in a plastic bag.
- Shake well.
- Dip chicken in melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on foil-covered baking sheets and bake in 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve or refrigerate.
- HORSERADISH DIP.
- In a small serving bowl, mix sour cream, horseradish, pepper, and salt.
These are very good, and I like that they are baked and not fried. The seasoning is tasty. I like the cheese in the coating. I would probably not make the sauce again, though. Not a big horseradish fan. I was worried that the baking time might be too short, but they turned out cooked just right, and still juicy. Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs game.