Recipe by eHelen
Zephyr is a squash that is yellow and green at the flower end. A vendor at the farmer's market recently told me that it is a mix of yellow crook neck squash and zucchini. If you prefer Ritz Cracker crumbs, they could easily be substituted for the bread crumbs. I'm thinking of adding a dash or two of Tabasco sauce. We loved it without the Tabasco, but it might be fun to kick it up!!!
- 1 small onion, chopped before boiling with Zephyr squash
- 3 cups squash, boiled
- 4 tablespoons butter, light with Canola Oil
- 1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten Eggland eggs
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain Zephyr/Onion mixture and mash with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well with 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish; i.e. 9" X 13".
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of crumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.