Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe from the australian womans weekly, Mum said she used to make this and raves about it. mum served it on its own, but it says you can have it on its own, with fruit or with sponge fingers.
- put egg yolk and sugar in top of double suacepan, beat for a few minutes off heat with a rotary beater or an electric mixer until combined.
- put mixture over simmering water; to prevent overheating, water in the bottom saucepan should not touch top suacepan.
- add half marsala and half white wine, beat well; add remaining marsala and wine.
- beat constantly about 10 minutes until of thick creamy consistency.
- if mixture begins to adhere to sides of suacepan, quickly remove from heat, stir vigouresly with wodden spoon, especially around the base. pour into four individual glass dishes.