Chef # 8654321's Note:
This cake tastes the way a yellow cake should. It perfectly blends the flavors of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour. One thing, if it tastes like or has the texture of cornbread then you did something wrong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Grease and flour 2 - 8 inch round pans.
- 3Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Beat in the egg yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- 6Beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 the milk, then 1/2 the remaining flour mixture, then the rest of the milk, and then finally the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined but do not overmix. Overmixing can cause the gluten in the flour to overdevelop leading to a cake that rises too high and overflows the pan. If that does happen you can just trim away the edge though.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 8Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake. Do not overbake.
- 9Cool 15 minutes before turning out onto cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Yellow Cake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 168.6 mg
- Sodium 279.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g