Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My wife loves sweet potatoes and this is one of her favorite holiday dishes. The pecan topping adds a great crunch you're sure to enjoy.
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet pototato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.
I have used this recipe from another site, it is absolutely amazing! A great alternative to the marshmallow topping and still very sweet- just how we like it:). An absolute favorite at our dinners (and not just Thanksgiving and Christmas)!