Recipe by Caramella Girl
My husband and I love hummus, but never tried to make our own...until now. We have a few favorite ones, and we wanted to combine them to get the right garlic and lemon flavor combo with a kick.
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, of a
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 dash olive oil, a sprinkle of
- paprika, and
- 2 -3 leaves cilantro, for decoration
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add chick peas and pulse 10 times.
- Add tahini and 1 tbsp of olive oil to chick peas and blend.
- Mix in the cumin and Tabasco.
- Blend in the lemon juice, chopped cilantro and 1 tbsp of olive oil until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl, and stop with a dash of olive oil, a sprinkle of paprika and the cilantro leaves.