Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this original recipe from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur. Haven't made TOO many changes. Sometimes we add seasoned chicken to these as well. They really do taste like something that would come from a restaurant.
- 2 flour tortillas, 10-inch Size
- 2 tablespoons butter, Softened
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, Diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, Diced
- 2 slices bacon, Cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cilantro, Finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon guacamole (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salsa (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread half of the butter on one side of each tortilla.
- Put tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan.
- Spread the 1/2 the cheeses evenly onto the center of the tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the tomato, onion and jalapeno, bacon, cilantro, salt and pepper over half the tortilla (on top of the cheese.)
- When the tortilla had browned and the cheese is melted, fold the tortilla (like an omlet).
- Remove from pan and cut into 3 slices.
- Repeat with other tortilla and remaining ingredients.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacomole.
Terrific! These are the first quesadillas I have made and they are simply delicious. And I love the crunch.
Oh how I wish I had taken a picture. They really did turn out as pretty as they were delicious! I doubled the recipe to feed my family of four. Very easy to put together on a busy night of baseball practices. I had everything diced and chopped before hand, so assembly was a snap. Added a little leftover grilled chicken, served with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole...viola! Loved the cilantro. Thanks for sharing!