Recipe by Photo Momma
I got this original recipe from Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur. Haven't made TOO many changes. Sometimes we add seasoned chicken to these as well. They really do taste like something that would come from a restaurant.
- 2 flour tortillas, 10-inch Size
- 2 tablespoons butter, Softened
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, Diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, Diced
- 2 slices bacon, Cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cilantro, Finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon guacamole (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread half of the butter on one side of each tortilla.
- Put tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan.
- Spread the 1/2 the cheeses evenly onto the center of the tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of the tomato, onion and jalapeno, bacon, cilantro, salt and pepper over half the tortilla (on top of the cheese.)
- When the tortilla had browned and the cheese is melted, fold the tortilla (like an omlet).
- Remove from pan and cut into 3 slices.
- Repeat with other tortilla and remaining ingredients.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacomole.